Feeling a little dry this week? Find out some easy tips to fix dry skin all year!
Tips to Fix Dry Skin
This post contains affiliate links.
When a new season rolls around, I can’t seem to escape my dry skin. No matter how much lotion I slather on, I still find myself red and itchy. It drives me crazy. At this time of the year, I have to make an extra effort to take care of my skin. I love when my skin is silky and naturally smooth.
Here are a few tips I found on WebMD to help my skin’s natural moisture:
- Take cooler, shorter showers. Hot water can wash away the skin’s natural oils.
- Pat your body dry instead of rubbing it.
- Use a mild skin cleanser instead of soap.
- Apply moisturizer when your skin is damp, not dry. This keeps moisture trapped in the skin.
- Get a mild moisturizer with no perfume or alcohol. Don’t be afraid of the thick stuff.
- Turn the thermostat down a bit. Dry heat causes further moisture loss.
- Use a humidifier in your bedroom.
- Bundle up in hats, scarves, gloves and tall socks when outside. Cold air dries out skin.
Along with these tips, there are quite a few different lotions that have found to be tried and true. I think it really depends on your skin and sometimes you have to go through many to find the right one perfect for you.
Eucerin – This is a thicker lotion that soaks in immediately and leaves my skin feeling very refreshed. I use it all over as a body lotion. My favorite type is the Original Moisturizing Lotion in a pump.
Avon Silicone Glove – A lifesaver for hands. Only this lotion can rescue my hands from winter cracking (or after a marathon dishwashing session!)
Laura Mercier Moisturizer – My favorite face moisturizer. Non-greasy, lightweight, and makes my face silky smooth.
Burt’s Bees Cocoa & Cupuacu Butters Body Lotion – A natural lotion choice during pregnancy. Good for those who prefer natural products.
Burt’s Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream – The corresponding natural facial moisturizer.
What are your favorite tips to fix dry skin? I would love to find some new, great options!
Another trick I find keeps my skin beautiful AND keeps me looking young is wearing sunglasses. Seems so simple! But it has worked for me.
Start living loud and clear and GRAB my FREE Manifesto Guide for everyday inspiration.