Businesses of every type, including coaches, need a plan.
Don’t think you can skip by on this important step because you offer a service instead of a physical product.
Hint: this is how you make more money in your business.
Every business can benefit from planning.
First Step, Focus.
When you create a plan you need to focus on the reasons for the plan:
- Who do you want to serve?
- What do you want to provide? When do you want to start?
- Why do you want to start such an endeavor?
- How will you meld all these things together to create a prosperous business?
These are the primary reasons why you’re going into business and they should always be at the forefront of your mind when making decisions. This is a great time of year to be reflective on this topic as we begin to think about 2020.
Something else to focus on is your big dream.
- How much money do you want to make over the next 5 years?
- Do you want to sell multiple products or have several locations?
Everyone’s big dream will be different but you should write it down as part of the plan.
Second Step, A Plan.
Think of your plan as a mountain.
Your mission statement is at the base of the mountain while your big dream is at the peak.
Everything in between is what you need to plan and these steps should also be incorporated into a plan.
- What products do you want to create?
- How often do you want to produce a product?
- How can you implement some passive income or affiliate income into your business?
- Are there any speaking engagements or online summit opportunities that will expand your reach and your followers?
- What can you add to your sales funnel for those not yet ready to commit?
Third Step, Action Steps.
This is where your planning steps are broken down into smaller, actionable steps.
Instead of just saying I want to write a book, break the process down further.
- How much time can you dedicate each day to writing?
- Do you want to self-publish or find a publisher?
You’ll need to hire an editor and someone to design the cover. These are actionable steps that can easily be crossed off your to-do list once completed.
Don’t be thrown off here.
You don’t need to plan 5 years’ worth of action steps at one time.
The idea is to plan a small chunk at a time, keeping your focus in mind, so that the action steps become a pathway or a blueprint to your big dreams.