Picking and choosing how to use your time is crucial to getting things done efficiently and effectively.
Your priorities and time management come into play.
It can be so easy to get sidetracked and not get anything accomplished, so I’m sharing 6 ways to get things done right away.
We have reached week 4 in our 30 Day Self-Improvement Tips. How have these tips been helping you so far in your daily routines?
Have you noticed any changes in habits, or created new habits? This week focuses on 6 ways to get things done right away.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure policy here.
6 Ways to Get Things Done Right Away
19. Use Technology – Use your cell phone for reminders on your calendar; be it birthdays, appointments or remembering to take the clothes out of the dryer.
Set up your bills to be automatically paid each month. Research online ahead of time where you’ll get the best deals before going shopping. Don’t be embarrassed or think you are failing at remembering. Instead, consider it not having to worry about remembering because it’s done for you.
20. Get an App – There is an app for everything today from traveling to banking.
When you are on the train or waiting in line at the store, you can get things done that would normally have to wait for lunch hour or days off. Being able to accomplish more during these wait times will give you more free time for yourself.
The way I think about it is if I’m going to be on my phone, there are many apps that can help me get stuff done like paying the bills. I can also set reminders on my phone calendar that will also remind me through my email since they are connected.
21. Shut Down and Unplug – Take time off from technology and unplug from your social devices.
If you want to be a better you, you need connections – real-life connections. You need to see faces and hear voices and so do other people.
Take the initiative and plan a real-life coffee date. You’ll make a difference for yourself and for someone else.
22. Pick and Choose Your Time – Only you can schedule your time productively.
If you choose to scroll on Facebook or to stay up late and oversleep in the morning, the results will be an unfocused and unproductive life.
Choose and schedule your time carefully and reap the positive benefits.
23. Set Attainable Goals – If you set your sights too high, you are more likely to fail. It’s okay to have one big goal but break it into smaller attainable goals to work towards.
Completing these smaller goals will keep you motivated no matter how long it takes you to reach the final big goal.
24. Grab an Accountability Partner – When you set a new goal, it’s important to let people know about it.
It’s also important to obtain an accountability partner. When you know you have to answer to your accountability partner and that others are watching your progress, you will work that much harder so you don’t disappoint anyone, including yourself.
You also have that partner cheering you on from the sidelines.
I hope you can benefit from these tips!
How have can you utilize these tips to get things done quicker this week? I’d love to hear in the comments below.
Check out the entire 30 Day Self-Improvement Tips List!
Disclaimer: I offer no guarantee these are good tips but maybe something in this list will spark inspiration for your own self-improvement.
Continue on for more 30 Day Self-Improvement Tips
- Tips 1-6 Creating New Habits
- Tips 7-12 A Positive Mindset Can Be Powerful
- Tips 13-18 Time is of the Essence
- Tips 25-30 6 Health Routines People Struggle With the Most
Interested in more ways to balance your life and your business? Get a reminder with my HappyBot for my free Facebook Live trainings every Friday! happinessmatters.com/fblive