Sometimes, when we feel overwhelmed or stressed out, it’s because we’re trying to force ourselves to work in a way that’s unnatural for us.
Working styles vary from person to person.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Knowing your own working style enables you to work with it rather than against it.
So, how do you discover your own best way of working?
No productivity expert can tell you what your own style is, but here are some things to think about.
Your Best Working Times
Everyone has a time that’s good for them to work.
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- Are you most productive during late mornings or early afternoons?
How You Recharge
We all have our own style of working and taking a break.
- How often do you need to recharge and how do you do it?
- Do you know your natural energy cycles?
Independent or Collaborator
- Do you work well with others or would you rather work alone?
- Which tasks are better for group work and which are best done solo?
Click on the image below to get your FREE assessment on how to create your profitable lifestyle.
Big Picture vs. Tiny Details
- Are you the kind of person who looks at things from the big-picture, aerial view?
- Or do you work better when you dive into the fine details?
A Thinker or a Doer
People tend to be doers or dreamers.
Which are you? Both are important, but if you know you’re clearly one type then you can put effort into cultivating the other.
Ask yourselves these questions and spend some time reflecting on them.
The answers can be quite revealing.
You can also discover how you work best by asking others, especially people you work closely with.
By asking these questions, you can get to know your own working style better and then arrange your work accordingly.
For more tips on how to Conquer Overwhelm & Increase Productivity check out these other posts:
- How To Manage Your Time Better With Chunking
- 6 Tips For Handling Distracting Devices
- One Simple Method For Managing Multiple Projects
- Are You Thinking And Planning About The Future?
- Try This Simple System To Organize Your Workspace
- 8 Things To Do When You Take A Break At Work
- How To Pare Down Your To-Do List And Get It Under Control
- How To Figure Out Why You Have Trouble Focusing
- One Technique To Help You Discover Why You Are Feeling Overwhelmed