Starting your day off on the right foot, and utilizing your time wisely can have a great impact on your life. Time is of the essence and managing yours can help reduce the amount of stress in your life. See if these tips can inspire you this week to use your time more wisely.
Welcome back to the third installment of my 30 Day Self-Improvement Series! I hope the previous tips are helping to improve a new you and your daily habits. Try to implement some of these tips and you will realize how much time is of the essence in your life!
Time is Of The Essence
13. Laugh it Off – Have you ever started your day by tripping over something, losing your car keys or finding that the raccoons knocked over your garbage pail? Rather than get upset, laugh it off. You’ll be glad you did.
14. Smile – Smiling releases serotonin. When something goes wrong or someone irritates you, smile about it. You will instantly feel better for being positive and you may help lift their bad mood too.
15. Be the Person You Envision – If you are seeking a mate in life or even if you want to attract more success – be the person that you envision successfully reaching those goals. Be someone who sets goals, takes risks and faces challenges with grace. While hard at first, the more you practice, the closer you will be to becoming that successful person.
16. Time to Get Organized – Set up a filing system, get a calendar and keep it updated, throw out your unnecessary junk. Once the initial work is done, all you have to do is maintain the organized systems. Don’t want to do it yourself? Pay one of your teens to do it for you.
17. Time Chunk – Chunk your time into sections and give yourself an allotted time frame for whatever you are doing and stick to it. Have you ever started cleaning out a closet in the bedroom and somehow found yourself cleaning the kitchen only to return to the bedroom and it’s still a mess? You’re not alone. Give yourself 30 minutes to clean out a closet and then when the time is up, move on to the next chore. Do this at work and at home and you’ll find you get a lot more accomplished each day.
18. Use Your Cell Phone – Use your timer on your cell phone to time your tasks whether it is running errands or cleaning or making phone calls. Knowing how long you generally spend on these tasks can help you see where you can make improvements which will reduce the stress in your life.
How have you implemented some of these tips into your life? Share with the in the comments below!
Continue on for more 30 Day Self-Improvement Tips
- Tips 1-6 Creating New Habits
- Tips 7-12 A Positive Mindset Can Be Powerful
- Tips 19-24 6 Ways to Get Things Done Right Away
- Tips 25-30 6 Health Routines People Struggle With the Most
Check out the entire 30 Day Self-Improvement Tips List!
Disclaimer: I offer no guarantee these are good tips but maybe something in this list will spark inspiration for your own self-improvement.