The memories that you make with your family are the ones that stick with you through life. The photos, the stories, and the happiness that you all feel are what makes those long hours at work worth every minute. Especially when your kids are younger is the perfect time to start making memories that will last a lifetime.
1. Disney World – Let’s just say it, Disney World is magical at every time of year. As you can imagine, around Christmas the happiest place on Earth is decked out even more than usual.
2. Gaylord Resorts – With multiple locations across the United States, Gaylord Resorts makes it easy to find a perfect winter wonderland holiday destination for your family. These hotels deck themselves out with twinkling lights and even have indoor snow.
3. Christmas at the Princess – Every year the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona has its Christmas at the Princess festival. Perfect for kids of any age, this resort turns the desert into a true Winter Wonderland with ice skating rinks, a holiday train, and of course visits from Santa himself.
4. Keystone, Colorado – All over this picturesque ski town are activities for adults and children alike. There is of course skiing for all ages, sledding, tubing, and ice skating as well.
5. Pigeon Forge, Tennessee – There is fun to be had for everyone at this resort town in the mountains of Tennessee. A storybook town with Christmas festivities everywhere, skiing, shopping, and more.
6. Lake Tahoe, California – Who would think to find a Winter Wonderland so close to the desert? There are multiple kid-friendly resorts and activities at this snow-covered oasis.
7. Alaskan Adventures – The entire state of Alaska, it seems, is an adventure just waiting to be had. There are countless resorts, tours, and activities that are appropriate for all ages.
8. Washington, DC – Washington DC near Christmas time is truly magical. The entire capital city lights up and there is an annual tree lighting, caroling, and more.
9. The Resort at Paws Up – For the ultimate Christmas winter wonderland experience, check out this upscale resort in Greenough, Montana. The five night ‘Christmas Package’ includes meals, horse drawn sleigh rides, your own decorated tree, cookie and gingerbread house decorating, and even a personal visit from Santa.
10. Winter Carnival Quebec City – The world’s largest winter festival is brimming with kid-friendly activities and fun including night parades, snow sculptures, and an entire palace made of ice.
11. Cruise Antarctica – To see winter in all of its frigid glory, take the family on a cruise through the Antarctic and see penguins, whales, and seals up close.
12. Montreal, Canada – A picturesque winter retreat with cobblestone streets and old architecture blanketed in a thick dusting of snow, Montreal boasts many resorts and activities that the whole family will love.
13. MacGregor Point, Ontario – Camping during the winter in Canada of all places might sound a little crazy, but this isn’t just any camping. Sleep in heated yurts and ice skate between destinations.
14. Christmas Markets – All across Europe, most notably in Germany, large markets open with activities, food, handmade crafts, and other holiday treats. These are a must see for people of all ages.
15. Amsterdam – Amsterdam might have gotten a reputation for its famous Red Light District, but it is actually a quite beautiful and serene place to visit, especially during the holidays. Amsterdam offers picturesque streets and kid-friendly places to visit.
Whether at home in the United States or abroad, there are tons of family friendly winter wonderland destinations that will make your holidays truly merry. Get ready to make some memories with these suggestions for your family vacation this winter. Some destinations and their specials may vary each year, so do your research first before booking!
How are you living5x5 today? Share with me your favorite destination spots in the comment section below. Need more inspiration? Don’t forget to GRAB me FREE Manifesto Guide on your way out. Happy Holidays!