Think you might be in a food rut? How about branching out with ethnic food in the name of health? For over 2500 years in India, turmeric has been used as a staple spice in cooking. See the health benefits of turmeric, and implement it into your dishes.
Its bright yellow/orange color is distinctive and be careful because it just might stain your dishtowels and clothing! The medicinal qualities of this spice are amazing. Here are a few highlights courtesy of healthdiaries.com:
* May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease
* Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia
* A potent natural anti-inflammatory
* May help in weight management
* May prevent metastases from occurring in many different types of cancer
* Has been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression
My husband and I have both grown to love Indian food. And as an added benefit, turmeric is used in almost every indian curry. If you haven’t tried these dishes, give them a whirl! These are some of our favorites… Chicken Tikka Masala (chicken in thick, creamy gravy), Chole (chick peas), and Palak Paneer (cheese cubes in spinach). Yum!
How are you living5x5 today? Share with me your experiences with Turmeric, and don’t forget to GRAB my FREE Manifesto Guide for everyday inspiration.