The hectic pace of December can often make us forget what Christmas is all about. You can note down my 7 tips for Surviving Christmas, but that’s not enough. We all need to slow down and remember to give meaning to Christmas.
- It’s important to spend time with the family. Decorating, baking, doing crafts, playing games, watching football. Take time to do all these things.
- Incorporate traditions into your Christmas. It will leave lasting impressions on your kids and they, too, will want to create similar traditions when they have families of their own.
- Go to church. Ask your neighbors over for dinner. Be with friends.
- Find ways to give to others. Here are some NO COST ideas for giving during the holidays.
- Read Christmas books to your kids in the evenings during December. The Christmas Carol by x is a classic.
- Turn off the electronics. Turn off the ringers. Turn on the Christmas music and sing.
- Sit around the fire and drink some home-made Hot Apple Cider. Reminisce this last year and tell stories.
Today’s commercialism can easily get our focus off track. Just remember that Christmas isn’t about the gifts. We need to create meaning in our Christmas.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!