Sometimes you have to remember to fill up your gas tank (so to speak), otherwise, you run the risk of running on empty.
Creating a self-care list can help as suggested recently by Stephenie Zamora.
Some self-care should be daily, other self-care items can be monthly, etc. Self-care can help fuel your energy levels.
Learn how to prevent burnout by creating your own list.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure policy here.
How to Prevent Burnout
Here is my daily self-care list, which I try to make it a daily routine:
- Make a Green smoothie each morning. For me, this turns out this is more like 4 days a week, but a healthy breakfast always starts my morning out on the right foot!
- Take a thirty-minute walk or short physical exercise to get your heart pumping.
- Relax and spend time with nature (and our chickens).
- Read…even if just 1 page.
- Start off with morning pages. This is the idea of writing each day, even if just a couple of sentences to be able to get thoughts down on paper.
- Do therapy exercises on my shoulder.
- Spend time in meditation. For me, this can be driving in silence, no phone, no music, no noise.
Once you’ve worked to prevent burnout, the next step is to create FOCUS! Click the image below to grab your FREE copy of my FOCUSED Fortune Formula!
Here are a few other self-care items to make time for. These aren’t necessarily daily but can be noted weekly or monthly:
- Have lunch/Drinks with friends.
- Get pedicures.
- Get massages.
- Take a vacation.
- Take time off from working, like a sabbatical, or use those PTO days and watch a movie you’ve been wanting to see.
- Take on a new hobby, or get back to what you enjoy doing (Bake, crochet, dare I say clean?!).
From time to time, we have to be realistic and know that we may not tackle these as planned. But, never get discouraged and cross off things as you go.
In time, the more committed you are, your daily, weekly, or monthly list will improve your self care.
Start out the right way, and you’ll be sure to prevent future burnouts!
Share in the comments ways you fuel your gas tank and prevent burnout!
Interested in more ways to balance your life and your business? Get a reminder with my HappyBot for my free Facebook Live trainings every Friday! happinessmatters.com/fblive