Do you ever find yourself sitting at your desk staring off into space not getting anything done?
With all the distractions and things to do, it’s easy to lose your concentration completely, and this is something most of us can’t afford.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Focus is like a muscle. If you put in some time exercising it, it gets stronger.
The best way to improve your focus is to improve your self-awareness.
If you can identify what causes you to lose focus, you can remove it.
If you think for a minute, you can probably already think of a few big distractors:
- Your constantly chiming smartphone
- The kids in the other room
- The allure of social media
It might be something about your environment.
Maybe the lighting or ambient sound prevents you from concentrating.
You may find that it’s your workflow.
Perhaps you need to take more short breaks or designate different times of day for different types of tasks.
Maybe you can already imagine what distracts you or what environment is most conducive.
Growing your self-awareness can help you truly understand what’s preventing your focus, and then you can make the necessary adjustments.
Click the image below to grab your FREE copy of my FOCUSED Fortune Formula!
Whenever you find yourself unable to focus, take a second and go back in time. Can you identify what triggered you to feel this way?
It could be that you just need a break. You might go back over the last few hours and realize you skipped lunch or had too little (or too much!) coffee.
Once you get into the habit of doing this, you’ll start to see patterns emerge. You’ll soon be able to easily identify what derails your focus most.
Then, you can work on removing or mitigating it.
For more tips on how to Conquer Overwhelm & Increase Productivity check out these other posts:
- How To Manage Your Time Better With Chunking
- 6 Tips For Handling Distracting Devices
- One Simple Method For Managing Multiple Projects
- Are You Thinking And Planning About The Future?
- Try This Simple System To Organize Your Workspace
- 8 Things To Do When You Take A Break At Work
- How To Pare Down Your To-Do List And Get It Under Control
- One Technique To Help You Discover Why You Are Feeling Overwhelmed
- Do You Know Your Own Best Working Style?
Interested in more ways to balance your life and your business? Join my FREE Facebook Group – Time Money & Happiness Matters!